December 13, 2017, 06:27:07 PM

Author Topic: Community Warfare and PSR  (Read 1978 times)

VIPER2207

• Military Council
    • View Profile

VIPER2207

• Military Council
    • View Profile
Re: Community Warfare and PSR
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 12:15:15 PM »
Next big thing here:
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/206917-possible-matchscore-inflation-bug-in-cw/

It looks like your matchscore in a Community Warfare match is devided by the number of mechs you have used in that match. [EDIT: Or maybe you just lose a lot of matchscore-points when you lose a mech, anyhow, the outcome is the same]
That means, if you don't lose a mech in a Community Warfare match and score some kills and assists, you will end up with an incredible match score.
As stated in my opening post, this affects your PSR for the public queues.

So if you are playing Community Warfare and want to avoid the risk to be put in tier 1 in the public queues (assuming this tier-stuff is actually working), then you should make sure that you use all your mechs in Community Warfare matches.

This is just wrong on so many levels...

« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 03:40:11 PM by VIPER2207 »

captrosha

• MechWarrior
    • View Profile
    • CaptRosha
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 05:25:26 PM »
I understand their intent ... that ALL play should affect your PSR ... and it should to some degree.  But ONLY if you are matched against your own PSR.  With CW not using PSR to make matches, you add in all sorts of wild variability and you will end up with Tier 5 vs Tier 1 Players and likely really tank your PSR while likely raising others even more than they should.  (Bug aside that you mention above).

VIPER2207

• Military Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 07:17:35 AM »
Basicaly, there is a bug in CW matches that affects your matchscore, which affects your PSR and therewith your matchmaking for public matches, while matchmaking in CW doesn't use PSR... maybe we should call that "bugception"

captrosha

• MechWarrior
    • View Profile
    • CaptRosha
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 12:40:04 PM »
On a related note ...

Russ Bullock ‏@russ_bullock  11m11 minutes ago North Vancouver, British Columbia
With server choice along with game modes/all group sizes it seems we may need to allow more or all tiers to play each other in group queue

So...looking like they may expand what Tier's play each other ... wonder if they will open it full up or just keep 1 from ever matching against 5 :P

VIPER2207

• Military Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 01:01:02 PM »
let's simply go without any matchmaking... not that it could get worse :D

VIPER2207

• Military Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 04:01:32 PM »
Update from the September Road Map:

September 8th
(...)
PSR change - we will be removing CW matches from games that effect your PSR. We feel only MM matches should effect your PSR. So this will mean your PSR is only effected by your public queue matches both solo and group.

While this is a good thing, i ask myself how they came to this conclusion. When PSR was introduced, did they feel like it was a good idea to let CW affect the PSR? PGI...

Edit:
oh, and while we are talking about the september road map:
https://www.reddit.com/r/mwo/comments/3iepvx/september_road_map/

i loled ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:03:12 PM by VIPER2207 »

captrosha

• MechWarrior
    • View Profile
    • CaptRosha
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 05:24:13 PM »
It would have seemed logical for PSR to affect CW but ONLY if CW used PSR Matching in the first place.  I can see that having everything you do affect your PSR but only when you are matched against others in your PSR range.  But, it would be impossible for them to do PSR matching in CW with the current population.